Wednesday, August 18, 2010
ORANG ASLI SETTLEMENTS HOUSING/SHELTERS.
The aim of this study is to have a deeper understanding of how their houses are built and material used.
The main objectives of the research are to:
- interview locals and get valid information about how,why,what about their houses.
- To see how they live.
- To experience and feel how the materials used are
- To spread they way of the orang asli people's housing ways.
In this project,i expect to share knowledge with all those who have no clue of who the Orang asli people are,and mostly focus on the way there shelter or houses are assembled.
This is to answer all those questions that many people had but could not find the answers anyway.
The application is for people ranging from the ages of 15-until older
-world helper organisations
- -Visiting Orang Asli settlements.
- -interview with Orang Asli.
- -Gathering photos on site.
- -questionnaire for info gathering
EXPECTED IMPACT OF RESEARCH PROJECT
- -touch hearts
- -reference and learning resources.
- -broadens understandings.
- -change lifes and views towards orang asli people
SCHEDULE OF RESEARCH PROJECT
proposal and the concept of my application submittion
Planning of my project and gathering research data.
Conducting basic research on Orang Asli
22-25 of July 2010
Field trip to Belum Rainforest and gathering on site research
Starting to create the application
RESEARCH QUESTION ON THE PROJECT
- Is the application interractive? yes
- Does the application explain about Orang Asli and their history?yes
- Does the application have its own style and theme?yes
- Does the application contain sound? no
- Is the application user friendly for both deaf and blind users?yes
- Does the application contain video? no
- Does the application have pictures? yes
RESEARCH QUESTION FOR THE ORANG ASLI'S
- How are the houses built?
- What type of materials did you use?
- How long does it take to complete one house?
- How long does it last?
- What happens when an old house colapse?
- What type of houses are built?
- What is the capacity of the house?
- a popular means of collecting data, but are difficult to design and often require many rewrites before an acceptable questionnaire is produced.
- a technique that is primarily used to gain an understanding of the underlying reasons and motivations for people’s attitudes, preferences or behaviour.
- involves recording the behavioural patterns of people, objects and events in a systematic manner.
- recording information about how each problem arose, methods used to solve it, and difficulties encountered. it records everything in sufficient detail to analyse. It is very time-consuming.
- facts findings:
- things which are truthfully told and no one can stand in your way and argue. The facts of the place,people or their lifestyle,which is mostly true if taken first hand.
.: Submitting my proposal and the concept of my application:.
.: Planning of my project and gathering research data:.
.: Conducting basic research on Orang Asli:.
22-25 of July 2010
.:Field trip to Belum Rainforest and gathering on site research:.
.: Starting to create the application:.
.: Project Submission:.